Let’s enter the chapel on the west side under the niche which houses a copy of the statue of Saint Marcouf* (the original stone has been sheltered inside the chapel). The portal dates from the 18th century (the beam on the left supporting the stand is dated 1738, the one on the left was changed in 1956 – thanks to those who did it). The small octagonal slate bell tower was rebuilt around 1995 after a violent storm.
* The copy of the statue of Saint Marcouf was blessed by Father Chanu
The nave, decorated with blue Greek crosses, is 8 meters long, its windows have been enlarged over the centuries. It has 2 corner altars dedicated to the Virgin. The north altar from the Louis XV period, very reworked, is decorated with an Assumption. The south altar is older; the painting representing the Annunciation and the heart of Mary painted on the altar appear to be by the same hand.
The stained glass windows of Jacques Grüber, offered by Mrs. Gabriel Duriez in 1994, represent Saint Vaast, evangelizer of Nord Pas-de-Calais, Saint Arnould, patron saint of brewers, as well as hop plants.
The 6.60m long choir is lower and narrower (3.80m) than the nave (5.40m) and decorated with carmine lily flowers. Its altarpiece in wood rustic frames a flagellation of Christ. On each side are 2 large polychrome wooden statues representing on the left Saint Marcouf as father-abbot, and on the right Saint Maclou as bishop. In the wall , on the right side, a small basin dug into the stone would have served as a baptismal font.
The 3 stained glass windows by Paul Bony, offered around 1963 by Mrs. Henri Lepetit with the winnings from her horse Beaujeu